Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Step Closer to The Nature: Bonfire Series

I grew up in the city and I have lived in the city for my entire life. I never really like any kind of outdoor activities mainly because I hate bugs and mosquitos and trees make my skin itch. But to be honest, I began to like bonfires.

At first, I did not like the smoke of the burning logs and the after smell of bonfires. I think the reason I like it now has a lot to do with my first experience with a bonfire. I remember it was at the beginning of this year when it was still freezing outside. Being in the cold and having a fire that kept me warm gave me a complicated sensation to fire.

Fire is obviously one of the necessary energies for our survival. At the same time, it is dangerous. It is like water. It keeps as alive and it kills us as well. It is insane how dependent human beings are. We depend on all sorts of resources to live and we develop emotional attachments to other people, our pets, things you have had since you were little and so on. Being dependent makes us vulnerable and sometimes I wish I were an animal so everything would be simple: to live or to die. But at the same time, it is amazing being able to have emotions and feelings and to live a life in a way that does not only involve living or dying. We remember things and we grow from mistakes. Everything we have done and have been through make us who we are. If there is next life, I want to be human being again.

So bonfire has become one of the very few outdoor activities that I really like even during summer. At night when it is breezy, it feels really nice to sit beside a bonfire under the moonlight and listen to the tree frogs calling while being surrounded by fire flies.




People say staring at a fire will calm you down. It is so beautiful when it glows.




Marshmallow is a must for bonfires.




I love these jeggings. But they were totally ruined by Abby. Now it just got a huge hole in it instead of small rips. I will have to take a photo of them later. 



Don't play with fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions with me!