Thursday, June 23, 2011

Abby is my new friend

I learned from National Geographic's Science of Dogs that all the breeds are the results of selective breeding by human beings. In fact, all dogs share 99.8% of the same genes. The only 0.2% of different genes make a big difference in terms of sizes and appearance.

The popularity of breeding started in the 19th century. Middle class people loved owning certain breeds as a way to show off their social status. Thus, many breeds were "designed"according to what human beings wanted them to be. Perhaps it is one of the reasons dogs are considered human's best friends.

In my previous post, I mentioned about one of Matt's dogs- Abby. And I promised her that I would dedicate a blog post just for her. So here are some pictures and videos of Abby and Bones.

Abby's puppy eyes..

Sitting on Bones while Abby trying to get attention. 
Amy and Abby.











Both Abby and Bones were abused when they were little. Bones still freaks out when he sees brooms and Abby is afraid to leave the house. Dogs are loyal to their masters. No matter how much you beat them up, if you are their masters, they will never fight back. But we should not use it as an advantage and take our anger out on them. After all, they can easily hurt us to protect themselves. They just choose not to. 

3 comments:

  1. Awww Abby and Bones are so cute. ♥

    I believe there is a special place in hell for animal abusers, I can never understand why they can't pick on someone their own size. ;(


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat Hag: I complete agree with you. I think those people are cowards cause they know dogs won't fight back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo!!! I love this dog *_* *_*

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinions with me!