Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reunion with Grumpy's: Taking trains is fun.

It does not really matter how you travel as long as you have good companies. This week the boy and I took the train to Chicago mainly because I had been bugging him to take the train with me. I thought it would be fun. And it was. :)

The train was late as usual for about 15 minutes. I felt like a little girl when waiting for the train- impatient and excited. Except I did not run around at the lobby like I used to. Instead, I distracted myself with my iPhone.

Isn't that weird? When we were little, we could always find a way to entertain ourselves. It did not have to be a cell phone, an iPod or anything fancy. It was mainly our imagination and our attention to details that amused ourselves. Once we grew up, we started relying heavily on technology to have fun. Sometimes I miss those days when I was still a little girl.





On the train, we read and we talked. I enjoyed the feeling of going somewhere together with a person I felt close to on a train. Maybe one day on an airplane to a foreign country. That must be even more exciting!


Finally, we arrived at Union Station after almost 3 hours. Before we could take another train to Riverside, we waited at the station. We played the game "20 questions." It frustrated me a lot at first, but I kind of like it now.








Looking forward to the rest of the week here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinions with me!