Thursday, September 15, 2011

One Day, Dreams Will Come True

Fashion has always been part of my life. When I was little, I would try on my Mom's high-heels and dresses when she was gone for work. I loved colors as well. It is where my heart lies in. And as I grew, I have realized that fashion is really more than shopping and looking good. Without business decisions and strategies, fashion does not exist.

Recently, I had the chance to research on fashion merchandising. Luckily, I also met a wonderful designer, Briana, from LookBook. She has been giving me a lot of suggestions and tips about how to make it in the fashion industry as a starter. (You can check out the fan page Here. There are some amazing collections that are worth checking out.)

So after carefully accessing all my options, I decided to get an internship in the apparel/fashion industry to get a general idea of how the system works and to have a chance to incorporate my skills in advertising/marketing into fashion retails. Being an intern and at the same time having a full time job may not be the most exciting thing in the world. But I believe my efforts will not go to waste. It has to take me somewhere. :)

Hopefully I can dedicate a post for my new internship soon!













5 comments:

  1. just by looking at you, i know you a have wonderful future waiting for you in the fashion industry. i'm a nurse but what i really want to study is fashion, art and design. i'm glad that somebody is living that dream. i wish you all the best! :) cheers!

    heartfeltbypau.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey doll this post is amazing, you should always follow your dreams. Love the outfit! Saw that top at H&M today and loved it. Anyway, I nominated you for a blog award please be sure to stop by my page and check it out.

    heelsnposes.blogspot.com/
    xoxo (hugs & kisses till next time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT PINK TOP!!! (:
    I JUST FOLLOWED YOU!
    LOVE THE BLOG
    IT WOULD MEAN A LOT IF YOU STOPPED BY MINE~

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah.. i really adore the clutch and brown shoes dear, so cool! you look so adorable with them, superlove :D i love your blog <3

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinions with me!